Referral Partners that have been selected to participate in the Basic Program can submit a limited number of referrals at no cost. Referrals are contingent on OHAAT’s current funding (the more funding we have, the more beds we give away) and are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you have questions about the Basic Program, contact Megan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-346-6427.
Every recipient in the Basic Program is guaranteed the following items:
Depending on inventory, recipients may also receive a mattress cover, a pillow, several books, a toothbrush and a stuffed animal. All items are age and gender appropriate.
OHAAT does not provide cribs, toddler beds, bunk beds, or larger-size beds.
|Delivery||OHAAT volunteers deliver Bedding Packages directly to recipients living within OHAAT’s delivery area. Deliveries are made within 30 days of each request (the average wait for Basic Program referrals is 17 days).
OHAAT volunteers do not assemble the beds.
Bedding Packages must be delivered; OHAAT does not allow pick-ups.
Referral Partner Eligibility
We interview and select referral partners for our Basic Program on an annual basis. If your organization meets the below eligibility requirements and you would like to be considered for partnership in 2018, please send a letter of interest via email to email@example.com. Interviews will take place in October 2017 and final selection in December 2017. Please keep in mind that organizations with an emphasis on home visits and direct housing assistance are preferred.
- Referral Partners must be 501(c)(3) nonprofits or government entities;
- they must provide direct services to low income families living in Philadelphia, Bucks or Montgomery County;
- and their representatives (e.g. social workers, case managers, etc.) must work one-on-one with clients, conducting both interviews and home visits.
- Recipients must be two to twenty years old;
- they cannot have received a bed from OHAAT in the past;
- their household income must be below the 2017 Poverty Guideline;
- they must currently reside in permanent or long-term housing in OHAAT’s Delivery Area;
- their current residence must be bed bug free for at least 3 months;
- and they must be sleeping with improper bedding. **
- Sleeping on the floor with blankets or a sleeping bag;
- sharing a bed with other family members;
- sleeping on an air mattress;
- sleeping on a moldy mattress;
- and sleeping on a couch, recliner, or other living room furniture.
Approved Basic Program partners are given a monthly allocation of free bedding packages (typically between 1 and 5). Authorized representatives from approved Basic Program partners can refer a client at any time using our online Basic Program Client Referral Form.
Basic Program Pre-Referral Form
Use this printable PDF to collect the client information you’ll need for our online referral form.
Bed Bugs Frequently Asked Questions
Every client that you refer to our program will get one of these handouts, and we encourage you to review it with them.
Protecting Yourself from Bed Bugs on the Job
What can you do to protect yourself? Here’s a handy PDF from our friends at the Pennsylvania Integrated Pest Management Program at Penn State. If you’re interested in learning more, check out their website.