Referral Partners participating in the Reimbursement Program can submit an unlimited number of referrals at any time as long as they reimburse us for our costs. OHAAT’s current cost is $171 for a single twin-size bed and $448 for a twin-size bunk bed.
If you have questions about the Reimbursement Program, contact our office at email@example.com or 215-346-6427.
OPTION 1: Single Twin-Size Bed
$171 (or $207 with mattress encasement)
OPTION 2:Twin-Size Bunk Bed
$448 (or $520 with mattress encasements)
Federal safety standards stipulate: To help prevent serious or fatal injuries from entrapment or falls, never allow a child under 6 years on the upper bunk of a bunk bed.
OHAAT does not provide cribs, toddler beds, or larger-size beds.
IN HOME DELIVERY
OHAAT volunteers deliver bedding packages directly to recipients living within OHAAT’s delivery area. (Bulk deliveries of 5+ beds may be made to locations outside of this delivery area. Contact us for more information.) Deliveries are made within 9 days of each request pending recipient availability. OHAAT volunteers do not assemble the beds, but they will put them in whatever room (or rooms) the client specifies.
There is no application or membership fee to participate in the Reimbursement Program. Referral Partners simply reimburse OHAAT the cost of serving their clients. OHAAT’s current cost is $171 for a single twin-size bed and $448 for a twin-size bunk bed. Waterproof and bed bug proof mattress encasements are optional and cost an additional $36 for the single bed and $72 for the bunk bed.
Reimbursements cannot be paid by clients. They must be paid directly by the Referral Partner or a third-party organization such as a foundation or PHMC. OHAAT prefers payments made by check but also accepts cash, money orders, and credit card payments.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-346-6427, and be prepared to provide the DHS case name and number (if applicable) and the number and type of beds needed.
- Or, go to www.bedsforkidsprogram.org/invoice and fill out our Invoice Request Form
Referral Partner Eligibility
- Referral Partners must provide direct services to low income families living in Philadelphia, Bucks, Montgomery, Chester, or Delaware County;
- and its representatives (e.g. social workers, case managers, etc.) must work one-on-one with clients.
- Recipients’ household income must be below the Federal Poverty Guideline (exceptions may be made for children in foster care);
- and their residence must be bed bug free for at least 3 months (exceptions may be made if the client is able to accept curbside delivery).
Becoming a Partner
If your organization meets the Referral Partner requirements listed above, then you may apply to become a partner by submitting our online Reimbursement Program Referral Partner Application Form. If you’re unsure whether your organization is an approved Referral Partner, please contact the OHAAT office.
- Basic information about your organization;
- a primary contact person;
- an estimate of the number of beds your organization plans to request each month;
- whether or not you would like to limit who can submit referrals, and if so, a list of authorized representatives from your organization;
- whether or not your organization plans to prepay, submit payment after delivery, or use PHMC funds;
- and if you’re not using PHMC funds, the name and contact information for the person who will be handling your organization’s payments.
If your organization becomes an approved Referral Partner, then you’ll receive a 5-digit Referral Partner Code. This code will allow you to refer a client at anytime using our online Reimbursement Program Client Referral Form.
If you are submitting referrals funded by PHMC, we ask that you wait to submit the referral until after PHMC has approved your application. This way we have the most up-to-date information when scheduling the delivery.
If your referral is successfully submitted, you will receive an immediate confirmation email. If you don’t receive an email confirmation, please contact our office at email@example.com or 215-346-6427. All clients will receive a call on Thursday morning to schedule their delivery. As long as we reach them by Friday at noon, their delivery will be scheduled for that weekend. (There are occasional exceptions.) Once we schedule a delivery with your client, you will receive a confirmation email stating the scheduled delivery day. After the delivery is successfully made, you will receive a final confirmation email. If at any point during this process we have difficulty reaching your client, we will contact you.
Referrals Funded by PHMC
Learn about the requirements and referral process for referrals funded by the Public Health Management Corporation (PHMC) and their DHS CUA Emergency Fund, DHS Emergency Fund, and DHS Prevention Assistance Fund.
Healthy Sleep Tips
Every family that you refer to our program will get one of these handouts and a magnet and bookmark with four healthy sleep habits: go to bed at the same time every night, follow a bedtime routine, keep electronics out of the bedroom, and avoid drinks with caffeine. We encourage you to talk to the family about their sleep and how these habits can improve children’s health, behavior, and school performance. For more information about the importance of healthy sleep, visit the Healthy Sleep page of our website or Contact Us.
Bed Bugs Frequently Asked Questions
Every client that you refer to our program will get one of these handouts, and we encourage you to review it with them.
Protecting Yourself from Bed Bugs on the Job
What can you do to protect yourself? Here’s a handy PDF from our friends at the Pennsylvania Integrated Pest Management Program at Penn State. If you’re interested in learning more, check out their website.